Lakehurst School District has conscientiously implemented the requirements found in the Anti-Bullying Bill of Rights Act (ABR).
Our district annually establishes HIB programs, completes training on the BOE-approved HIB policy, and provides staff instruction and training programs; these training programs include curriculum and instruction on HIB and related information and skills. The district has also appointed HIB personnel, specifically: a District Anti-Bullying Coordinator, School Anti-Bullying Specialists and a School Safety Team. Additionally, the district has established reporting and investigation procedures. These efforts align with the 8 core elements comprised of 26 indicators, which are annually self-assessed by all school districts in the state of New Jersey. Each of the 26 indicators is scored on a scale of 0-3 as follows:
- 0 = does not meet requirements
- 1 = partially meets the requirements
- 2 = meets all requirements
- 3 = exceeds the requirements
These self-assessment results appear on our website. A score that meets all requirements across 26 indicators receives a score of 52. An absolute score that “exceeds” all requirements receives a score of 78. More information about HIB requirements can be found by clicking the links provided below. As always, students, staff, parents and community members are welcome to contact district anti-bullying personnel to share their ideas and concerns.
- HIB Report 2021-2022
- HIB Report 2020-2021
- HIB report card 2019-2020
- Guidance for Parents on the Anti-Bullying Bills of Rights Act Guidance for Parents on the Anti-Bullying Bills of Rights Act
- Reporting HIB Verbally Form
- HIB Parent Guide
- HIB Incident Form For Families
- HIB Incident Form For LEAs
- HIB Policy