Before & After Care
The Lakehurst Extended School Program is a before and after school program sponsored by the Lakehurst Board of Education.
We offer childcare for students of working parents in grades PreK-6. We open at 6:45 A.M. and close at 5:45 P.M. Our calendar follows that of the school year. We are closed, though, for full-day in-service trainings for the staff, as well as all for all weather related emergencies, including weather early dismissals and delayed openings.
After Care Program
WHAT TO EXPECT…
Students will participate in a wide range of activities throughout the duration of the program. These activities include:
- Homework time
- Snack time
- Coloring time
- Table time (board games, card games, toys at table, legos)
- Arts and crafts
- Outside playground time
- Organized games in gymnasium
- Movie/TV time
A SAMPLE DAY FOR AFTER CARE MAY LOOK LIKE…
- 245pm-315pm: Homework time (coloring pages if no homework)
- 315pm-330pm: Snack time
- 330pm-430pm: Indoor Activity/Playground time (children will be in two groups,one group doing an indoor activity while the other group outside and rotating after a half hour) **Times of groups will alternate to ensure all students get a chance to participate in both**
- 430pm-5pm: Table time
- 5pm-545pm: Movie/TV time
WHAT YOU MAY NEED OR NEED TO KNOW…
- There will be a REMIND account set up. Notifications will be sent on this. (iE: change of pick up location, emergency cancellation) The code to join is @fgg4f3.
- You may pay cash or check (made out to Lakehurst Board of Education) to either the main office, or Mr. Robinson. Please be sure to reference the tuition dates to ensure payments are on time.
- Please send a smock in with your child, as painting may be included during arts and crafts time.
- Snack will consist of 1 serving of either pretzels or animal crackers. Please send your child in with additional snacks if needed.
- There is a PG movie permission slip attached. Please sign and return.